Friday, January 24, 2014

"Who am I? I'm Jean Valjean!"


“I am a question to the world, not an answer to the Earth.” – Goo Goo Dolls.

I’m Madeline C Lipscomb.  I don’t particularly like my name.  I was born on November 20th, 1998, born and bred in Clayton, North Carolina. 

I am an avid dreamer and I constantly feel like I’m being held captive here.  All I desire is adventure and something new.  I wanted to travel the world and see new cultures and people.  However, I based everything I thought the world would be on stories and figured the great big world to be something magical and more than here.  I had made expectations for the world that I knew the world would never be able to live up to. 

My sensible, practical brain is always tormenting my creative mind.  I want to do all these things and go to all these places, but my brain is telling me that I should settle like so many other people.  I need an actual job to support myself.  End of story.  And then I thought of my long forgotten childhood dream of working for Disney, a place I knew was magical and adventurous.  Plus, it’s an actual job. 

So my new old dream is to be a Disney Imagineer.  However, I do still want to see the world, I just won’t have as big of expectations for it.  I also never want children or to be tied down.  I want to be free to create new things and write stories.  I believe life wasn’t meant to be lived in one place and I want to be able to move and do things without lifelong commitments like children. 

My ultimate goal is to be free and create new things. 

“I don’t ever want to be a man.  I want always to be a little boy and to have fun.” – Peter Pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment