Friday, January 24, 2014

"To die would be an awfully big adventure."


http://blogofgreengables.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/peterandwendy.png


My favorite story is the classic “Peter Pan” by J.M. Barrie.  I read this story just a week ago and I was completely submersed in the book.  The philosophies of death and forgetting that are hidden in the book are strangely in depth for a children’s story.   The descriptions of Neverland and Peter, a heartless adventurous, forgetful boy, make it seem like I’ve known them all my life.  My favorite aspect of the classic is how the author, J.M. Barrie, perfectly captures what life is like from a child’s, adult’s, and a deity’s point of view.  I fell in love with the story with the single quote: “When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”  This story is the definition of beauty and bitter-sweetness; to read it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment